Ramen Chicken Dinner
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 1-1/2 cups frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Set aside seasoning packet from the noodles. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the noodles, frozen vegetables, celery, peas and water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until noodles and vegetables are tender, stirring once.
- Place chicken in another microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Stir chicken into noodle mixture.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, oil, contents of seasoning packet, sugar and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high 45 seconds longer or until heated through.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 481 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1502mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein.
Aug 22, 2016
way too much sodium .. also much better cooked on stove and not microwave
Nov 15, 2013
What would the directions be if not cooked in the microwave?
Nov 15, 2013
Nov 13, 2013
I nixed the seasoning packet & added a tables. of Hunan sauce. Great.
Jan 17, 2013
Simple, cheap, and delicious. The whole family loved it. That's the kind of recipes I love for busy weeknights.
Feb 7, 2011
This was quick and easy to make busy nights. Plus, there was no leftovers left
Jul 29, 2009
Did anyone notice the Sodium in this dish? It will surely kill you! Geesh! This was horrible. I should have known as as soon as I tasted it, it tasted like the dorm dishes I used to make in University.
Jul 24, 2009
Microwaves vary in wattage so the times are always approximate inmy opinion. It takes six minutes to cook ramen noodles in mine. My DGS loved this even if he did pick out the broccoli. I did not add the red pepper flakes but would use them if I was fixing for adults.
Jul 24, 2009
Very good except...the noodles did not get done!!???
Jul 23, 2009
I buy sodium free chicken instant broth & seasoning by Herb Ox. I use that in place of the seasoning pack in the ramen noodles.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.