Asian Chicken Dinner
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup frozen California-blend vegetables
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a shallow 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the chicken, onion and oil. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook until chicken is no longer pink and rice is tender, 4-5 minutes. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 356 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 727mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jun 3, 2014
was wonderful and quick
Jul 8, 2013
This recipe turned out more like just chicken and broccoli soup. Not sure what I did to totally mess it up but it was not very flavorful or exciting.
Oct 6, 2011
I made this for my husbands unit and they ALL couldnt wait to see what I made next
Aug 29, 2011
A good, simple, quick fix meal. Not spectacular, but was tasty.
Mar 13, 2010
Very good. I didn't cook it in the microwave though, I cooked it on the stove top and used olive oil cooking spray instead of canola oil. It was a great quick meal. Took around 30-35 min to prep and cook. Would highly recommend
Jan 28, 2010
Very easy and quick, yet tasted wonderful. Serving sizes are large.