Asian Chicken Dinner
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup frozen California-blend vegetables
- 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a shallow 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the chicken, onion and oil. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook until chicken is no longer pink and rice is tender, 4-5 minutes. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 356 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 727mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 3, 2014
was wonderful and quick
Jul 8, 2013
This recipe turned out more like just chicken and broccoli soup. Not sure what I did to totally mess it up but it was not very flavorful or exciting.
Oct 6, 2011
I made this for my husbands unit and they ALL couldnt wait to see what I made next
Aug 29, 2011
A good, simple, quick fix meal. Not spectacular, but was tasty.
Mar 13, 2010
Very good. I didn't cook it in the microwave though, I cooked it on the stove top and used olive oil cooking spray instead of canola oil. It was a great quick meal. Took around 30-35 min to prep and cook. Would highly recommend
Jan 28, 2010
Very easy and quick, yet tasted wonderful. Serving sizes are large.