Easy Mediterranean Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 12 pitted Greek olives, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil on each side. Stir in the tomatoes, green beans, water, oregano and garlic powder. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in rice. Return to a boil. Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170° and rice is tender. Stir in olives; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 394 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 724mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 25, 2016
Delicious , easy and healthy. I substituted orzo for the rice so had to cook it slightly longer. I didn't have stewed tomatoes so used diced and I served the green beans on the side. Made a Greek salad from elsewhere on this site . The whole thing was delicious. A definite keeper!
Apr 18, 2016
Made this last night. I decreased the rice to 1 1/3 cup and we used crushed tomatoes, but it was great and we're going to make it again.
Jan 17, 2015
This was really easy and delicious . The only thing I changed was I used a can of chicken broth instead of the water. I will definitely make this again
Jun 5, 2014
Glad I found this. It really hit the spot. I'm trying out the mediterranean diet and this will definitely be a keeper. Thank you for the submission.
Feb 24, 2012
Our whole family loved this dish and it was super easy to prepare.
Dec 6, 2011
I used a can of mixed veggies instead of green beans. It needs a little kick for taste..we just cant put our finger on what yet though, but it was pretty good
Jun 10, 2011
Loved it. I didn't know what to do and it was time to cook dinner, so I didn't have all the ingredients. I used marinated artichoke hearts instead of the olives and regular white rice instead of instant brown. Did add boullion to the water. Everyone loved it and we decided it would be good with mushrooms and zucchini as a side dish without the chicken. Will try that next time.
May 2, 2011
Flavor was excellent. I added 3 green onions...it made it very good!
Mar 8, 2011
Love this recipe. Very easy to make and everyone enjoyed it! Even the kids.Thanks
Feb 26, 2011
This very easy.it was also very good. No reason not too make dinner for the family.