Mediterranean Chicken Bake
What do you do when you have artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and feta cheese left over from making a Greek pasta salad? Bake them with chicken for a Mediterranean entree. —Shannen Mahoney, odessa, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Combine the herbes de Provence, salt and pepper; sprinkle over chicken. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with artichokes, tomatoes and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°.
Editor's NoteLook for herbes de Provence in the spice aisle.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 353 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 835mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein.
Originally published as Mediterranean Chicken in Taste of Home April/May 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.