Mediterranean Orzo Chicken Salad
On hot days, I pull out this recipe for a cool supper. The lemon dressing is so refreshing. If you have it, used grilled chicken. —Susan Kieboam, Streetsboro, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water and drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, tomatoes, cheese, olives and onion. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 397 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 407mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 10g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 2 fat.
Apr 27, 2015
I have tried many of Susan Kieboam's recipes, I have enjoyed them immensely! She is an excellent chef and Baker. I will make the Mediterranean Orzo Chicken Salad for an exotic, summer vacation feeling, anytime.