Shrimp Orzo Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) orzo pasta
- 3/4 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into thirds
- 1 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the shrimp, peppers, artichokes, onion, parsley, dill and olives.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, garlic, salt, basil, oregano and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 179 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 297mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 17, 2012
I've made this several times to awesome reviews. It's great to bring to pot luck dinners or picnics. I do not make the dressing though... I use a garlic vinaigrette instead. Try this one... you won't be disappointed.
Apr 3, 2012
My husband loves, loves, loves this salad. I like to make it for him to snack on day or night. Very tasty and quite simple to make!
Apr 1, 2011
This has been a favorite for several years. I use tricolored orzo and one pound of shrimp.