Shrimp Orzo Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) orzo pasta
- 3/4 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into thirds
- 1 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the shrimp, peppers, artichokes, onion, parsley, dill and olives.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, garlic, salt, basil, oregano and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 179 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 297mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Jul 17, 2012
I've made this several times to awesome reviews. It's great to bring to pot luck dinners or picnics. I do not make the dressing though... I use a garlic vinaigrette instead. Try this one... you won't be disappointed.
Apr 3, 2012
My husband loves, loves, loves this salad. I like to make it for him to snack on day or night. Very tasty and quite simple to make!
Apr 1, 2011
This has been a favorite for several years. I use tricolored orzo and one pound of shrimp.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.