Whole Wheat Orzo Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time : 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta (about 1 pound)
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 English cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1-1/4 cups pitted Greek olives (about 6 ounces), chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain orzo; rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Stir in orzo. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 411 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 740mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 13g fiber), 14g protein.
May 2, 2017
Jun 7, 2014
I left out the beans. This was awesome as a side, delicious, fresh tasting and really easy to put together.
May 27, 2014
Loved the crunchy texture of this salad. Tasted great too! I'd definitely make this again.
May 23, 2014
Great flavored salad. It tasted even better the next day.
Apr 23, 2014
This salad was a big hit with everyone. The lemony dressing and crispy veggies make it colorful, light and tasty. My grocery store did not have whole wheat orzo so I just used the regular stuff. I followed the recipe and prepared 2 1/2 cups of uncooked pasta but it was way too much. I saved part of it to use in another recipe. Is it possible that the orzo should be 2 1/2 cups of cooked orzo?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.