Mediterranean Shrimp Orzo Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) orzo pasta
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), cut into thirds
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3/4 cup Greek vinaigrette
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine orzo, shrimp, vegetables, olives and herbs. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 397 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 574mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 16, 2016
Delightful ! I made this the other day, cut it down from 8 servings to somewhere around 3, which works well with a recipe like this. One thing that I was wondering about is that the blurb from this recipe's creator, Ginger Johnson, mentions green olives, but the recipe ingredients list Greek olives, which are ripe... so I went with both ! The dressing I used was Farmer Boy's Restaurant Greek Dressing, an oil based selection. Truly a good salad ! As a field editor who hosts at least ten major parties each year, I know I will be serving this one again soon.