Mediterranean Shrimp Orzo Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) orzo pasta
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), cut into thirds
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 3/4 cup Greek vinaigrette
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine orzo, shrimp, vegetables, olives and herbs. Add vinaigrette; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 397 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 574mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Mar 16, 2016
Delightful ! I made this the other day, cut it down from 8 servings to somewhere around 3, which works well with a recipe like this. One thing that I was wondering about is that the blurb from this recipe's creator, Ginger Johnson, mentions green olives, but the recipe ingredients list Greek olives, which are ripe... so I went with both ! The dressing I used was Farmer Boy's Restaurant Greek Dressing, an oil based selection. Truly a good salad ! As a field editor who hosts at least ten major parties each year, I know I will be serving this one again soon.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.