Greek Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, mix first nine ingredients. Add pork chops; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain pork, discarding marinade. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 145°, 4-5 minutes per side. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.Freeze option: Freeze chops with marinade in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Drain pork, discarding marinade. Grill as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop: 193 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Jul 12, 2018
The only change I made to the recipe was to omit mustard, neither of us like it. The flavor of this is great, it's spicy though. If you can handle some heat in your food you'll probably enjoy this. This will be made again, my husband loved it!
Feb 20, 2018
fast and yummy
Sep 5, 2017
Easy and flavorful, just have to remember to do the marinating.
Aug 17, 2017
Excellent Greek inspired recipe. I had 5 chops- 1/2 inch bone in Pork chops. My Husband does not eat onion so I used 2 Tsp. of garlic powder instead of one tsp. each of onion and garlic powder . I cut the pepper down to 1/8 tsp to suit my Family's tastes and omitted the mustard powder as I did not have it on hand. Wonderfully moist and flavorful. A keeper recipe.
Jan 24, 2017
These pork chops came out absolutely heavenly. They were full of beautiful flavor. I don't believe the recipe makes enough marinade and I had doubled it right off the start. I think that would have been fine for 4 pork chops, but I was making something like 8 chops, so I had to quadruple the marinade recipe. Other than that easy fix, so delicious!
Jan 8, 2016
Delicious great taste. I use the leftover for a salad or tacos
Sep 24, 2015
Quick to make up the night before and sit in the fridge all day and so tasty.
Apr 9, 2015
Although it tasted different than I expected, it was good, and I will make it again.
Mar 4, 2014
Feb 21, 2014
I mixed up all the ingredients exactly as recipe states except that I only had 1 ½ lbs of pork tenderloin pieces cut 1 " thick. I pushed them down into a ziplock bag with the marinade in it and was not able to grill the meat until 2 days later. It was EXCELLENT. Hubby loved it and said "if you want to fix this every night it's ok with me". I would next time cut the salt back to maybe ¾ of a teaspoon (instead of 1 t) and I would cut the lemon back to 3 teaspoons (instead of 4). Maybe because I marinated it longer than stated it was just a tad too much lemon and salt. I WILL DEFINETLY make this again and I will let it marinate for 2 days as well. Thanks for the recipe TH
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.