Pizza Pork Chops
Pepperoni and mozzarella cheese punch up this easy skillet recipe with the pizza taste that kids—and guests of all ages—are sure to love. Vance Werner, Jr. of Franklin, Wisconsin likes to dress this speedy supper up by using Portobello mushrooms and serving with fresh broccoli or green beans.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 16 slices pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Remove and keep warm. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In the same skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides; drain.
- Add marinara sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Layer pork with pepperoni, mushrooms and cheese. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 450 calories, 27g fat (11g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 720mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Pork Chop Pizzaiola in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008