Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Season pork chops with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Brown chops on both sides. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, yellow pepper and red pepper; cook and stir until mushrooms are tender, 3-4 minutes. Add tomatoes, wine, oregano, garlic and the remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes.
- Return chops to pan. Cook, covered, until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 5-7 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. If desired, serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop and 1 cup vegetable mixture (calculated without rice): 351 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 647mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jan 28, 2020
Pretty tasty! I added additional Italian Herbs to give it more flavor.
Jan 16, 2020
This is a lovely dish. I did not change anything in the recipe. From start to finish, it was ready to eat in 30 minutes. My husband and I are two weeks into the Mediterranean Diet and this was a delicious, satisfying dish.