Elegant Pork Marsala
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 turkey bacon strips, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup Marsala wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour and pepper. Dip pork chops in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add pork chops; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same skillet, add mushrooms, onion and bacon to drippings; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine; increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and broth until smooth; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve with pork.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1/3 cup sauce: 232 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Feb 17, 2018
To Sade390; the recipe calls for Marsala wine. That's all you have to know when you go to the store!
Dec 2, 2016
Very good weeknight dinner. I used chicken broth not wine and regular or GF flour instead of whole wheat.
Jul 9, 2014
Easily one of my favorite recipes! Even good as left-overs!
Jun 6, 2014
Always use DRY Marsala....even in desserts!
Mar 3, 2014
My husband made this for one of our Saturday night dinners. I loved it, and so did he. We made one small change...we used pork tenderloin because that's what we had. Thanks for posting, Kim.
Feb 27, 2014
Bacon makes this dish. Also I used bone in pork chops for added flavor !
Feb 23, 2014
Loved the turkey bacon in it - wonderful smell, wonderful taste, have put it in my recipe box. I used chicken broth instead of wine. I used extra olive oil when I was preparing the mushrooms, onions and bacon. Every once in awhile I sniff the wonderful smell that it left in my kitchen. Will definitely make it again.
Jan 30, 2014
My boyfreind and I loved!!! this recipe. I bought 8 thin sliced chops. I'm all for healthy, but used regular flour instead. I did though spend the money on the turkey bacon and crisped that up in the microwave first. perfect! I bought the marsala wine at my local grocery store which was a dry & sweet combo. Definitely saving it to my recipe box*****
Jan 26, 2014
Recipe does not state which wine....................dry or sweet? This makes me burning mad. I go get all ingredients and then find out at the liquor store there are both kinds! C'mon Taste of Home you should know better!
Jan 11, 2013
Okay but not special and I did not care for the after taste.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.