Chipotle-Teriyaki Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, drained
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons ground ancho pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup queso fresco or shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- For sauce, combine the first eight ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; set aside. Combine the ancho pepper, oil, salt, oregano, pepper and cumin; gently rub over both sides of pork chops.
- Grill chops, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with 1/3 cup of the sauce. Sprinkle with queso fresco; grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is softened. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 216 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 1285mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 9, 2012
This recipe is very flavorful. It is pretty spicy though. I love spcy food, but next time I will try decreasing the spices to suit my husband and children. I did not add the cheese, maybe the cheese would have toned down the heat in the dish. If you like spice and citrus flavors you'll like this recipe