Caribbean Chipotle Pork Sliders
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 2 finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce plus 3 tablespoons sauce
- 3/4 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups finely chopped red cabbage
- 1 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 20 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split and toasted
- Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half; place over onion. In a small bowl, combine chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, barbecue sauce, water, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper; pour over meat. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred pork with 2 forks. Return pork to slow cooker; heat through.
- For coleslaw, in a large bowl, combine cabbage, mango, pineapple, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Place 1/4 cup pork mixture on each roll bottom; top with 2 tablespoons coleslaw. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 265 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 21, 2018
Delicious! Pork was tender and full of flavor. The slaw if a must have for that tangy crunch. I'm not a fan of Cilantro, but that's an easy fix. I will be making this again!