Grilled Pork Chops with Smokin’ Sauce
Growing up, my husband always had pork chops that were were pan-fried or baked, but he knew they could be better. So he combined his love of grilling with the desire to create his own signature sauce, and the result was this recipe. —Vicky Drnek, Rome, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- PORK CHOPS:
- 1-1/4 teaspoons mustard seed
- 1-1/4 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1-1/4 teaspoons whole peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, mix first nine ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reserve 1/4 cup sauce for serving.
- Using a mortar and pestle or spice grinder, crush seasonings with brown sugar. Rub mixture over chops.
- Place chops on an oiled grill over medium heat. Grill, covered, until a thermometer reads 145°, 5-6 minutes per side, brushing top with remaining sauce after turning. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with reserved sauce.