Pork Chops with Dijon Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir broth into skillet, scraping up any browned bits. Stir in mustard and half-and-half. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with pork chops.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop: 283 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 432mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 fat.
Mar 23, 2014
This was very good. I really like the mustard sauce. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing the recipe.For the previous reviewer who asked where the canola oil is used, it is used to brown the chops....."brown chops in oil 4-5 minute."
May 1, 2013
The recipe calls for canola oil but could not find where to use it. Other than that great recipe. Will definately make again.
Feb 28, 2013
This was good but not great. My family liked the smell but we were all hoping for a little bolder flavor with the sauce. I will try this again but I will play around with it a bit.
Oct 25, 2012
I added extra black pepper and some roasted garlic powder... other than that, I followed it as written... it was OUTSTANDING! I must try this mustard sauce on chicken and fish next!
Jul 31, 2012
I made this recipe for dinner. I doubled it to feed a family of 8. All my kids including my 4 year old loved it.
Jan 17, 2012
Finding Diabetic Friendly recipe my husband enjoys is very difficult. This one is a keeper! The entire family liked it very much.
Mar 12, 2011
I haven't made this yet, but it looks great! For those of you who have made this...do you think it would be good with chicken instead of the pork chops?
Feb 8, 2011
very quick, easy and tasty - i used white wine in place of broth because that is what i had on hand :)
Nov 19, 2010
loved this recipe! Served it with roasted rosemary red potatoes..i suggest doubling the dijon sauce tho so you can have some with the potatoes, if you fancy them :)
Feb 3, 2010
Easy to make and so yummy! Plus, made with easy ingredients. We'll definitely make this one again!~ Theresa
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.