Pork Chops in a Honey-Mustard Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, salt and pepper; sprinkle over pork chops. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- Remove skillet from heat and add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Reduce heat to medium. Whisk in the broth, mustard, honey and remaining garlic powder; cook and stir for 1 minute. Whisk in cream; cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until thickened.
- Return pork chops and juices to the skillet. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce: 411 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 597mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein.
Jun 1, 2017
I made this with one pork loin steak, just for me! Didn't use wine, and guessed the amount of chicken stock, mustard, honey - just threw it in and waited for it to reduce before adding creme fraiche (didn't have cream) then put the pork steak back into the pan for a few minutes as suggested. Delicious - what a beautiful sauce, and so easy. Will definitely make this again for the family.
Jan 6, 2014
Tasty and easy to make.
Feb 2, 2013
Chops were very tender and tasty
Jan 30, 2013
Great flavor, easy to put together. I think I could have let the sauce thicken a bit more next time.
Sep 17, 2012
<p>We grilled our chops instead and served them with the yummy sauce... Delish!</p>
Sep 16, 2012
This was so quick and easy to make. It had great flavor too!
Sep 11, 2012
Lovely! My husband complimented me for them throughout the meal!
Sep 3, 2012
Got my Simple and Delicious magazine 2 days ago and this was in it. It is amazing!! I doubled the sauce because it sounded so good and it was!! I followed the recipe exactly except to double the sauce like I said. This is a MUST TRY.