Tarragon-Dijon Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons chipotle or other hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine, optional
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- Preheat oven to 400°. Sprinkle chops with garlic powder and pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Brown chops on both sides; remove from pan.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and green onions; cook and stir 3 minutes. Place chops over mushroom mixture. Bake, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix mustard, pepper sauce and, if desired, wine; spread over chops. Bake 2 minutes longer. Sprinkle with tarragon.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1/3 cup mushroom mixture: 334 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Apr 18, 2018
This was really good and surprisingly light. I used baby Bella mushrooms, and I added the red wine. My only issue was using grey poupon. Its a very spicy, in your nose, Dijon. Next time I will try Maille, it is slightly milder.
Feb 10, 2017
I made mine in a cast iron skillet. Loved the bed of mushrooms. Served with garlic-olive oil mashed potatoes.
Sep 21, 2016
Wonderful flavor and easy. My kind of meal.