Apple-Mustard Pork Chops
Pairing pork and apples has always meant a sure-fire recipe. The wonderful aroma of this delightful dish signals the arrival of fall.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Apple slices, optional
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in butter over medium-high heat. Stir in the apple juice; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat juices run clear.
- Remove to a serving platter and keep warm. Add onion and mustard to skillet. Cook, uncovered, on low for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Spoon over chops. Serve with rice and garnish with apples if desired.