Onion-Dijon Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chops to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons onion mixture : 261 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Oct 11, 2018
Delicious! These pork chops were excellent. I made them as written and served them with a rice pilaf and steamed broccoli. Note: For those people having trouble finding the honey Dijon mustard; I found one made by French's at Kroger.
May 7, 2015
The sauce didn't thicken as much as I thought it would, but these were tasty anyway. I really liked the taste of the apple cider vinegar and may try a different flavor next time I make these.
Jan 20, 2015
DELICIOUS! ! Want to try with chicken next.
Jan 5, 2015
All I can say is...YUMMY!! Very tasty. I used it on turkey tenderloins, and it turned out great! Thanks for the great recipe! :-)
May 4, 2013
Very flavorful. I used dijon mustard instead of honey dijon mustard because that's what I had home. YUM!~ Theresa
Mar 6, 2012
This is quick and very tasty. We loved it and I have added to the regular rotation of dinners.
Feb 8, 2012
My family raved about these. I made 8 thin cut chops and the 3 of us demolished them and wanted more for leftovers! So, so good.
Jan 7, 2012
Used white wine vinegar and sweet onions.
Jun 8, 2011
This recipe was easy, quick and yummy! I used yellow onion and white vinegar because it was what I had. I'm making this again tonight!
May 5, 2011
Yummy! Substituted Dijon mustard for the honey Dijon mustard & tasted perfect.~ Theresa