Pork Chops with Onion Gravy
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 envelope pork gravy mix
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup water
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper and salt. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chops with onion in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- In a small bowl, whisk the gravy mix, garlic powder and water. Pour over pork. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Freeze option: Cool pork and gravy. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 210 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 528mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Oct 17, 2016
Good, right at the end added more chicken broth to the gravy since it was too thick. Served with the smashed potatoe recipe ! The two were great together!
Jan 20, 2015
A bit on the bland side as is, but a lot of potential as a base recipe to work off of and improve.
Jul 24, 2014
I cut a pork tenderloin into chops and had to use an Onion Gravy mix since the store did not have any pork gravy mix at the time. This turned out moist and delicious!
Sep 29, 2013
I thought that this was really good and super simple! I had a friend coming up that wanted to have pork chops and gravy. I myself had never heard of it before this was just what I needed and he loved it! I will definitely keep this recipe handy for when he comes again! Wonderful job!
Aug 9, 2013
Jun 14, 2013
This was very easy to make and very tasty. The chops were very tender and moist. Will definitely be using this one again.
May 14, 2013
This was a favorite go-to recipe for years when I cooked for the local Moose Lodge. Still use it at home now that I'm retired. Have shared the recipe with many friends over the years.
Apr 25, 2013
Had this for dinner tonight was very good the pork chop was was very tender and easy to make.
Apr 16, 2013
Delicious! Used brown gravy mix and browned my pork chops 5-6 minutes on each side. Added to "my favorites" recipe file.
Apr 10, 2013
This was an excellent recipe and fairly fast (and easy) to make. I did not have pork gravy mix, so I used brown gravy mix. It still came out tasting great, the color was just darker than the picture of the original recipe. I only used 2 pork chops (boned), but kept all the other ingredients the same. The gravy was nice and thick, but be careful, it thickened very quickly--in about 1 minute, so it did not need the 3-4 minutes per the recipe. This one is a keeper for us!