Sweet Onion & Cherry Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 5 ingredients; top with pork chops. Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, 3-4 hours.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve with meat.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1/4 cup cherry mixture: 278 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 425mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 8, 2013
This recipe looked great and I planned to triple it to make in a larger slow cooker to serve more people. I'm sure it is delicious, as my adaptation (in which I made many changes) came out great. I couldn't find frozen cherries so I used cranberries; didn't want to use honey so substituted brown sugar and orange juice. I'm sure it would be absolutely wonderful with the cherries. The cranberries and orange gave it a whole different flavor, but a delicious one. Would definitely make this again and will continue the hunt for frozen cherries.
Mar 20, 2011
I made this recently and will certainly make it again! Very tasty and a "keeper"!