Pineapple-Onion Pork Chops
"I prepared these tender pork chops for my teenage grandson's birthday meal," writes Marjorie Bruner of Parchment, Michigan. Brown sugar and pineapple juice provide the onion-topped entree with its sweetness.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- In a large, shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add pork chops and toss to coat. In a skillet, brown the chops on both sides in butter. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Add water to dish. Place onion over chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the pineapple juice, brown sugar and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Pour over pork. Bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until meat juices run clear.