Pineapple Pork Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup cold water, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set aside. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 1 tablespoon water, garlic powder and 1 tablespoon reserved pineapple juice. Pour into a large resealable bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, cayenne and remaining water, cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, stir-fry pork in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry the broccoli, carrots and onion in remaining oil until tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add pork and pineapple; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 230 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 1295mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Apr 29, 2018
Apr 4, 2018
Mar 13, 2016
Liked the flavor, did not add the cayenne pepper. Will use sauce for all my stir-fry'sMade it with chicken.
Sep 20, 2015
This had really great flavor. I will need to cut back on cayenne a little next time. My prego belly can't handle spicy much latley. But very good and would be easy to play around with the ingredients.Thanks for sharing!
Aug 10, 2015
Really liked this, partially due to the texture of the particular meat I used, but the taste of the dish was really intense, and the cayenne pepper added a perfect amount of heat to it. I personally used a bit less brown sugar than it called for, and I also added minced garlic to the sauce mixture because the wife and I are big Garlic fans. All in all, a great stir-fry; will make again!
Oct 24, 2014
Simple and tasty!
Oct 20, 2014
Enjoyed this dish, cayenne gave it a bit of a kick.
Aug 31, 2013
Nov 21, 2012
forgot to add did not have carrots but i think you could go crazy with different combos of veggies. different kinds of meat. i used left over pork roast that was already cooked.
Nov 21, 2012
best ever. i used teriyaki sauce and frozen bag of oriental veggies. i minced my own garlic. added a little more pineapple. i would of give it a 5 but tons of sodium. also cooked brown rice in oj . delish
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.