Pork with Pineapple Salsa
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1 pork tenderloin (1-1/4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red or green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Set aside 1 cup of pineapple (save remaining pineapple for another use). Place the pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Combine 2 tablespoons brown sugar, mustard, paprika and ginger. Spread half over the pork.
- Bake, uncovered at 450° for 15 minutes. Spread with remaining brown sugar mixture. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°
- Meanwhile, for salsa, in a small bowl, combine the red pepper, onions, pepper flakes if desired, remaining brown sugar, reserved pineapple and juice. Let pork stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 259 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 13, 2016
Very good. I've made this many times but not the salsa (SO FAR).
Oct 8, 2009
All I have to say is this was Amazing! I've tired it with both green and red peppers. The red look more appealing, but I perfer the taste with the green. Both ways are great!