Pork Chops With Nectarine Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each and 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons apricot spreadable fruit
- 2 cups sliced peeled nectarines or peaches
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Rub over both sides of pork chops. In a large nonstick skillet, cook pork chops in oil over medium-high heat until juices run clear, 5-6 minutes on each side. Remove to a serving platter and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine salsa and spreadable fruit. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute. Stir in nectarines, cilantro and oregano; cook until heated through, 2-3 minutes. Serve with pork.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1/2 cup salsa: 246 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 9, 2013
While my husband and I really enjoyed these chops, my children were less enthralled with the nectarine (or peach in our case) salsa. I really liked the change of pace flavor and it was a really quick recipe to make. Unfortunately, I probably won't be making this again.