Tender Pork Chops with Mango Salsa
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt-free steak grilling blend
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, grilling blend and oil. Add the pork; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the salsa ingredients. Serve with chops.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 3/4 cup salsa: 330 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jun 5, 2015
I made this for my husband tonight and it was quite tasty. Next time I think I will try a different seasoning on the pork chops like lemon pepper or something with salt. I felt it needed some salt, but I added it as I ate it and it was quite good. The mango salsa was delicious and really complimented the chops.Volunteer Field Editor since 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.