Pina Colada Pork Chops with Tropical Fruit Salsa
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1 can (10 ounces) frozen nonalcoholic pina colada mix, thawed and divided
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (15 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 medium banana, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- Place 3/4 cup pina colada mix in a shallow dish. Add pork; turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Drain pork, discarding marinade. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat, or broil 4 in. from heat, until a thermometer reads 145°, about 6-8 minutes on each side. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine broth, remaining pina colada mix, lemon juice, lime juice and cayenne. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, until liquid is slightly thickened, 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until creamy. If needed, return pan briefly to very low heat to soften the butter. (Do not allow butter to melt completely or sauce may separate.)
- Mix salsa ingredients. Slice pork chops; serve with salsa and sauce.
Nutrition Facts1/2 pork chop with 1 tablespoon salsa and 1 tablespoon sauce: 417 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 373mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 35g protein.
Aug 24, 2016
The salsa was very good would serve that with cinnamon chips or something--the whole thing together was underwhelming 3 of us thought it needed a savory note to compliment all the sweet. Not bad just not balanced as far as we were concerned. Served it with Rice, salad, pineapple spears with chili lime. After first few bites sprinkled the chops with Trader Joes Chili Lime and that perked it up a bit flavor wise.
Jun 20, 2016
Loved the fruit salsa! I'd put that on anything. We served this with coconut rice and it was delicious.
May 27, 2016
Recipe in magazine missing lemon juice and cyan measurements . Had to go online to find complete recipe.
May 25, 2016
When I first looked at this recipe and saw 'bananas' in the salsa, I was skeptical BUT, this salsa was AMAZING! I actually didn't have pork chops but made the recipe with chicken breasts and the whole thing was delicious. We served over rice and it was a huge hit - definitely great for summer!
May 16, 2016
Made these over the weekend. Turned out great. Love the flavor.