Grilled Pork with Avocado Salsa
I love the zesty taste of this moist grilled tenderloin. The cumin, avocado and jalapeno give it Southwestern flair. It's an easy, elegant way to prepare pork. —Josephine Devereaux Piro, Easton, Pennsylvania.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno pepper jelly
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For marinade, mix first five ingredients. In a large bowl, toss pork with 1/2 cup marinade; refrigerate, covered, up to 2 hours.
- For glaze, place jelly and 1/3 cup of the remaining marinade in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes; remove from heat. Place salsa ingredients in a large bowl; toss lightly with remaining marinade.
- Drain pork, discarding marinade. Place pork on a lightly oiled grill rack over medium heat. Grill, covered, until a thermometer reads 145°, 4-5 minutes per side, brushing with glaze during the last 3 minutes. Serve with salsa.