Grilled Pork Appetizers
People can't seem to get enough of these tender hors d'oeuvres. Marinated in a sauce that is slightly sweetened with honey, the party starters also make a wonderful entree when served over rice. —Susan LeBrun Of Sulphur, Louisiana
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 pound boneless pork loin roast
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cut pork into 1/8-in. slices, then cut each slice widthwise in half. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the remaining ingredients; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread pork onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts2 ounce-weight: 84 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat.
Originally published as Grilled Pork Appetizers in Light & Tasty June/July 2002
Jul 30, 2013
Have made this recipe several times and it turns out great every time!! Wonderful flavor!
Jan 27, 2010
i tried this recipe and loved it. My entire family enjoyed it.