Jamaican Pork Tenderloin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon each ground allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins(1 pound each)
- In a food processor, combine the orange juice, soy sauce, lemon juice, oil, onion, green onions, jalapeno, thyme, salt, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and pepper. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare the grill for indirect heat using a drip pan.
- Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 225 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 481mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Nov 1, 2011
The best pork tenderloin recipe I've come across. It is a go-to recipe for weekday dinners or when we have guests. Yum!
Jul 14, 2009
Absolutely delicious! This is by far the best pork tenderloin I've ever had. I prepared it for company and everyone raved about how juicy, tender and flavorful this dish was. I'll definitely be making this again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.