Hoisin Pork Tenderloin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ramen noodles or 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 475°. Off the heat, mix first five ingredients in a small saucepan. Place tenderloin on a greased rack in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. pan; brush with 1/4 cup hoisin mixture. Roast until a thermometer reads 145°, 15-20 minutes.
- Stir water into remaining hoisin mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, to allow flavors to blend, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in butter. Keep warm.
- Remove pork from oven; let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting seasoning packets; drain. Serve with pork; top with sauce and green onions.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked pork with 1/2 cup noodles and 2 tablespoons sauce: 458 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 80mg cholesterol, 1010mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Jun 24, 2018
Everyone in my family loved this. I braised the pork first for the time in the oven then I put it in the pressure cooker for the last bit of time. It was crispy on top and moist inside. The leftovers went in a bag with the reserve sauce for stir fry or sandwiches the next day. (I used a larger pork loin). Really easy and delicious!
Jun 15, 2018
When it’s says preheat oven to 475 off the heat what does that mean ?
Apr 9, 2017
The pork was moist and delicious, and the flavors in the sauce really make this dish pop. And it was easy to put together, which is always a plus with my hectic lifestyle.
Mar 17, 2017
This was delicious! Who knew ramen could be this good? I chopped up asparagus and roasted it in the oven then added it to the dish when I was ready to serve. So good! I had some leftover pork, so I added it to a salad the next day. Will definitely make this again!
Dec 11, 2016
Made this on a weeknight when I needed something quick. Good flavors. Hoisin is a big favorite in our house. We double the recipe and had a bit larger tenderloin roast so it took longer than the stated 15-20 minutes to cook.
Oct 14, 2016
This is a quick and easy meal! I made this exactly as written and loved the sauce and how it gives a nice caramelization to the outside of the tenderloin. A great way to dress up ramen noodles.
Oct 13, 2016
Absolutely delicious. Adding butter to the sauce really deepened the flavor. Next time I'll break up the noodles before cooking them; no other changes, though.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.