Pork Tenderloin with Cream Sauce
"We had the pork at a German restaurant in Nebraska. I tried the recipe at home and have been making it every since," says Cathy Dwyer of Freedom, New Hampshire.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute carrot and onion in butter for 2 minutes. Add the pork; brown on all sides. Stir in the broth, lemon juice, lemon zest, thyme, pepper and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 16-18 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Remove meat and keep warm.
- Strain pan juices, discarding vegetables and bay leaf. Return 1/4 cup to skillet. Combine flour and cream until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork; sprinkle with parsley.