Onion Pork Tenderloins
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 to 1-1/4 pounds each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown tenderloins in oil on all sides. Sprinkle soup mix over the meat; add wine to the skillet. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, adding water to the skillet if needed. Remove tenderloins and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with tenderloins.
Jun 1, 2016
very good and easy. I used both white cooking wine and chicken broth for the sauce. I also took the suggestion of using the fresh mushrooms since we had some that needed to be used. I will be using this one as our favorite stove top recipe!
Jul 30, 2015
I enjoyed this recipe, however I used wine instead of chicken broth and I think I would use chicken broth next time or half of each. I also added fresh sliced mushrooms to the sauce and that was a nice addition.
May 20, 2015
I recommend adding the fresh mushrooms. Very good!
Apr 20, 2015
easy and taste great
Nov 1, 2014
Oct 10, 2014
SO simple but SO elegant! I use BOTH wine AND chicken broth instead of one or the other to make a super flavorful sauce. Other than that, it's good to go for family, company, or to take to someone who's in need of a meal. The sauce is good over potatoes or any vegetable you want to serve it with.
Feb 18, 2014
This was ok...would not make it again.
Apr 28, 2012
Easy, quick, FANTASTIC!
Feb 6, 2011
Having never made a pork tenderloin before this was the best recipe ever. Very easy to make and came out so tender. Both my husband and 3 year old son asked for more. And the gravy is so yummy. Great recipe!!!!!
Feb 2, 2011
This is such a good and easy dish to make. My husband is still talking about the wonderful gravy it had. Do not add any salt to the pork as there is plenty in the onion soup mix. This is a keeper.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.