Southwest Pork Tenderloin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3 medium limes, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 425°. Rub tenderloins with oil; sprinkle with taco seasoning. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Remove tenderloins from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Squeeze lime wedges over pork.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked pork: 184 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Apr 3, 2016
I usually use a convection oven which would explain difference in cooking time. Thanks for the feed-back.
Jan 27, 2014
Jan 27, 2014
Good flavor but mine also was not done in the recommended time. It took an additional 15 minutes to cook it to 145 degrees. I would suggest cooking it at 425 for 25-30 minutes.
Jan 7, 2014
My family found this to be a very tasty dish, and have asked me to make it again. I thought it was a pretty easy recipe with only four ingredients. However, I did encounter a problem in that it simply was NOT done in the recommended 20-25 minutes; it had only gotten to 130 degrees. I put it back in the oven for another 10 minutes, then let it stand for the 10 minutes under foil. We still weren't satisfied about it being done since it looked pinkish, so we microwaved the slices after cutting.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.