Pressure Cooker Pork Tacos with Mango Salsa
I've made quite a few tacos in my day, but you can't beat the tender filling made in a pressure cooker. These are by far the best pork tacos we've had—and we've tried plenty. Make the mango salsa from scratch if you have time! —Amber Massey, Argyle, Texas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 min.
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) dark Mexican beer
- 3 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mango salsa
- 24 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: Cubed fresh pineapple, cubed avocado and queso fresco
- Puree the first nine ingredients in a blender; stir in beer. In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine pork and pineapple mixture. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 3 minutes. Quick-release pressure. A thermometer inserted into pork should read at least 145°. Press cancel. Stir to break up pork.
- Stir cilantro into salsa. Using a slotted spoon, serve pork mixture in tortillas; add salsa and toppings as desired.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture and cooking juices in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos: 284 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 678mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Originally published as Crock Pot Pork Tacos with Mango Salsa in Skinny Instant Pot
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.