Parmesan Pork Tenderloin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound)
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons port wine or additional beef broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- Cut pork into 1/2-in. slices; flatten to 1/8-in. thickness. Coat with Parmesan cheese; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms and garlic in 1 teaspoon butter and 1 teaspoon oil until tender; remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, cook pork in remaining butter and oil in batches over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Add broth to pan, scraping to loosen browned bits. Stir in wine or additional broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork and onion mixture.
Nutrition Facts6 ounce-weight: 388 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 472mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 43g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 1, 2015
OMG, so good! Hubby and I both loved it. I doubled the sauce and it was just enough.Thanks for sharing!
Nov 30, 2014
Didn't change a thing and the family loved it!
Apr 7, 2014
My husband said "I hope you wrote this down!" I will double the sauce next time - would be wonderful over mashed potatoes!
Jan 20, 2014
Loved it! As good as anything served at a restaurant!And I didn't even have wine to add tonight!
Jan 7, 2010
I loved this dish. I didn't have grated parmesan cheese but the sprinkle kind worked just fine. I also used black chinese mushrooms and they were delicious. I wished I had made more of the sauce though so if you like sauce atleast double that.
Nov 11, 2009
This is definitely a keeper. My husband loved it.