Creamy Pork Tenderloin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Cut each tenderloin into eight pieces. Flatten each piece to 3/4-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the egg, water and seasonings. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish. Dip pork into egg mixture, then into bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown pork in oil for 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, sour cream and broth; pour over pork.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour or until pork is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 302 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 608mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Oct 28, 2017
This was so delicious! Loved the coating on the pork loin and it helped thicken the gravy. Meat was very tender. I used pork loin instead of tenderloin because that was what I had. I think this would be great for beef steak, boneless chicken breast or venison. I will be making this wonderful dish again!
Oct 10, 2017
Haven't made this yet, but am wondering if this recipe would also be good for a Venison tenderloin??
Jun 23, 2016
Another recipe that needs more than 5 stars! Easy to put together, and tastes WONDERFUL! Without asking, my husband says we need to have this more often. The meat was nice and tender and not dry at all! Great gravy/sauce. Served egg noodles and a salad with this. Only thing I did differently was that I used canned mushrooms, sine that's what I had in the house.
Mar 2, 2015
I have made this recipe a few times for company and it's always a hit. You can adjust the sauce ingredients according to the amount of meat used.It's a good 'go-to' recipe.
Sep 29, 2013
This was a good dinner I did change it up a little I used 2 cans cream of mushroom soup 1/2 cup chicken broth and only 1/2 cup sour cream will make this again everybody liked it thanks for sharing janice
Feb 5, 2013
Great flavor. Pork stays tender. A favorite recipe. My husband likes it so much that I'm making it for his birthday meal.
Nov 18, 2012
Threw this together one night when scrambling for a dinner. I had everything but mushrooms on hand so I made it without them. It was tasty and the kids ate it so that is a plus.
May 1, 2012
read the comments and thought I would try it. The comments are right...everybody loved it...even my ever picky 7 year old. Great recipe I will keep.
Mar 29, 2012
Really simple, I used 1 pork tenderloin and the sauce amount was perfect. The sauce needs something to give it just a bit more flavour, gonna experiment with it next time. Everyone loved it!
Oct 29, 2011
This recipe is absolutely delicious and so easy!!