Southwestern Pork Salad
As pork producers, we're proud to cook and serve the delicious product we raise. This tempting salad is refreshing and colorful. It's a succulent showcase for pork. I know your family will enjoy it as much as we do. -Sue Cunningham, Prospect, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cooked pork loin strips
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the pork, beans, onion, green pepper, tomato and olives. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 450 calories, 22g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 675mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 8g fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Southwestern Pork Salad in Taste of Home February/March 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.