Crispy Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 hamburger buns or kaiser rolls, split
- Optional toppings: lettuce leaves, tomato and pickle slices, and mayonnaise
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. Place egg in another shallow bowl. Combine bread crumbs and place in a third shallow bowl.
- Cut tenderloin crosswise into four slices; pound each with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Dip in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg, then in crumb mixture, patting to help adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook pork 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from pan; drain on paper towels. Serve in buns, with toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 289 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 30, 2017
Where are the directions
Apr 3, 2017
We love our pork tenderloins here in Indiana! This is a really good recipe!
Jan 21, 2017
This is my first ever recipe review. This recipe had only two reviews & both are 5-star. I like to try recipes with more ratings but I had leftover tenderloin I wanted to use so I thought I'd try it. I'm so glad I did. I made it exactly as written and my husband and I both loved it. It's a definite keeper - quick & very tasty! It now has three 5-star reviews! Thank you Erin Fitch!
Sep 7, 2016
Absolutely delicious! I wouldn't change a thing. This comes together quickly, and appealed to both my little ones. The recipe is also easy to scale upward for more people. My husband enjoyed the leftovers for lunch the next day too
Jul 19, 2016
Crispy, tender, flavorful...and super easy. What a great weeknight meal! I skipped the bun and didn't miss it at all.