Grilled Pork Tenderloins
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add tenderloins. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from meat. Grill, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 20-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with rice.
Freeze option: Freeze uncooked pork in bag with marinade. Transfer reserved marinade to a freezer container; freeze. To use, completely thaw tenderloins and marinade in refrigerator. Grill as directed.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked pork: 196 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 671mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 28, 2018
This is going to become a family favorite. Delicious! Thunderstorms interfered with our grilling so we cooked it in the crock pot. Even my picky eater husband like it.
Dec 2, 2017
Amazing!!! Loved that the ingredients are those that you have on hand. Couldn't get any simpler a recipe. We grill all year, this is a definite keeper in the rotation. I very rarely cook pork anymore because it usually lacks flavor, dries out during cooking. But this recipe has so much flavor, the meat is so moist. Thank You, Betsy!
Sep 20, 2017
Absolutely fantastic! I messed up on the tablespoon and teaspoon on a couple items but made no difference at all! I only added 1 tbs of brown sugar because with all that honey and teriyaki sauce it does not need anymore sweetness at all!
Jan 14, 2017
Have made this many times and always get great reviews,
Nov 30, 2016
Love the marinade!! Kept the pork moist and flavorful.
Oct 21, 2016
Wow...the flavor! Not hot and the cinnamon was not overpowering, just complimenting.
Mar 29, 2016
Wow. Marinade is really amazing and let it marinade for 24 hours. I would definitely save a little marinade to warm up to drizzle of the sliced pieces of pork.
Jun 12, 2015
Dec 5, 2011
GREAT marinade. I improvised a little because I didn't have teriyaki sauce or onion powder. I used more soy and added a little more honey and sugar than called for. I used onion flakes and garlic powder. Even though I only marinaded for 8 hours the pork was so flavorfull. I used all the marinade for the meat and then boiled the marinade for basting.
Jul 4, 2010
This is an outstanding recipe! My family and company loved it. Even the leftovers are delicious--so tender and juicy. The flavor of the marinade is wonderful and would also be great on chicken and even salmon. I will definitely make this again and will experiment with it on other meats.