Grilled Beef Tenderloins
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the steaks; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
Nutrition Facts1 each: 263 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 402mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 37g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat.
Jan 29, 2015
I would never do this to a great piece of meat. I never understood why some people like bacon wrapped around filet mignon either. Since I can't rate zero I did 1 star.
Mar 16, 2012
Broiled these and they were great! Didn't have any ground ancho chili pepper so I altered the spices to make the difference: 1 tsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp each garlic powder and dried oregano (the chili powder has ancho chili, garlic powder, oregano, and ground cumin in it).
Mar 1, 2012
This was so good and the flavors were amazing. I even tried it on some cheaper cuts of beef for the kids and they all loved it.
Feb 14, 2012
maybe do this with a strip or new york or sirloin, but a tenderloin....?? Never!!!
Feb 13, 2012
Why would you ruin a perfectly great steak with a weird variety of spices and soy sauce..
Feb 13, 2012
When isn't a beef tenderloin excellent? When it is over-cooked. Because there is little to no fat on this delicious piece of meat, securing a strip of bacon around the sides is one way to add juiciness to the tenderloins. Marinating is great, but a rub with turbinado-sugar will give this grilled baby a nice char-grilled, outer crust and seal-in the juices inside. Rare to medium-rare is the best way to eat this beef.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.