Grilled Shredded Pork Sandwiches
Pork shoulder roast is rubbed with seasonings and grilled, creating a crispy exterior that's lip-smacking good! The meat is delicious by itself but can also be topped with your favorite barbecue sauce. —Amanda McLemore, Maryville, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Grill: 3-1/2 hours + standing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons each white pepper, paprika and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon each onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 boneless pork shoulder roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 16 hard rolls, split
- Barbecue sauce, optional
- Combine seasonings; rub over roast. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan with 1 in. of water. Grill roast, covered, over medium-low heat for 3-1/2 to 4 hours or until meat is tender.
- When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun; serve with barbecue sauce if desired.