Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 carton (16 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 slices country white bread
- 6 ounces sliced Manchego cheese or 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Heat shredded pork according to package directions. Stir in garlic. Layer four slices of bread with cheese, onion, pork mixture and remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with mayonnaise.
- In a large nonstick skillet, toast sandwiches in batches over medium-low heat until golden brown and cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 605 calories, 29g fat (13g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 1406mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 26, 2017
I used garlic powder in place of the minced garlic. These turned out perfect and the whole family enjoyed the new take on grilled cheese.
Aug 5, 2017
I made these last night and my family really liked them. I used leftover homemade pulled pork, but the biggest revelation was the mayo on the outside instead of butter. Who knew you could do that? It was the best, most crispy grilled cheese ever!