Grilled Pork Tacos
My family raves about this moist pork with smoked paprika and pineapple. I dish it up next to brown rice and a salad of avocado and tomatoes. —E Gelesky, Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless pork ribeye chops, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons lime juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon smoked or regular paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup canned unsweetened pineapple tidbits plus 1 tablespoon reserved juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 flour tortillas (6 to 8 inches), warmed
- Reduced-fat sour cream or plain yogurt, optional
- In a large bowl, toss pork with 2 tablespoons lime juice and seasonings; let stand 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix beans, pineapple with reserved juice, onion, cilantro and remaining lime juice.
- Thread pork onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Remove pork from skewers; serve in tortillas. Top with bean mixture and, if desired, sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 taco with 1/4 cup salsa: 383 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 636mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 medium-fat meat.
Originally published as grilled pork kebab tacos in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Oct 8, 2017
Nice change from traditional tacos, and even better because they were grilled. Will be making again.
Aug 16, 2016
What a quick, easy, delicious dish!! The whole family loved it!!