Grilled Pork Tacos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless pork ribeye chops, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons lime juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon smoked or regular paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup canned unsweetened pineapple tidbits plus 1 tablespoon reserved juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 flour tortillas (6 to 8 inches), warmed
- Reduced-fat sour cream or plain yogurt, optional
- In a large bowl, toss pork with 2 tablespoons lime juice and seasonings; let stand 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix beans, pineapple with reserved juice, onion, cilantro and remaining lime juice.
- Thread pork onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Remove pork from skewers; serve in tortillas. Top with bean mixture and, if desired, sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 taco with 1/4 cup salsa: 383 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 636mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 medium-fat meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 8, 2017
Nice change from traditional tacos, and even better because they were grilled. Will be making again.
Aug 16, 2016
What a quick, easy, delicious dish!! The whole family loved it!!