Grilled Beef and Blue Cheese Tacos
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Brush onions with oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sprinkle steak with remaining salt. Grill onions and steak, covered, over medium heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), and onions are tender, 4-6 minutes per side. Let steak and onions stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine soy sauce, Worcestershire, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic and pepper. Halve onion slices; cut steak thinly across grain. Add onions and steak to soy mixture; toss to coat. Serve in tortillas with blue cheese.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts2 tacos: 524 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1576mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 36g protein.
May 7, 2019
Simple and elegant! The weather didn't cooperate for grilling, so I just broiled the already-cut steak strips and sliced onion. It was simple to mix the rest of the ingredients while that was going on. We served them in warmed tortilla wraps with the bleu cheese. It was very tasty and very popular. Goes great with a fresh salad.
Apr 1, 2019
The sauce is amazing! I double the recipe because I had more meat, also did not use quite as many onions.