Beef & Bean Tacos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 12 taco shells, warmed
- Optional toppings: chopped sweet red pepper, thinly sliced green onions and shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, Mexicorn, soup, water and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Spoon beef mixture into taco shells; serve with toppings of your choice.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos (calculated without optional toppings): 407 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 983mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 22g protein.
Sep 21, 2014
Yes, this is wet and sloppy. Might be better the next say, but it didn't agree with my husband's tummy.......mine either. I'm not keeping this recipe, no offense.
Aug 29, 2014
What! Taco shells from a box? Really?! It's very easy to make your own from fresh corn tortillas.
Apr 11, 2012
FINALLY - a taco recipe my kids love and ask for again and again!!
Mar 28, 2012
It was just okay. VERY WET AND SLOPPY!!
Jan 25, 2012
My husband loved this. I made it with ground turkey and used diced tomatoes with jalapenos. We added sour cream to the optional toppings. Great job S&D Test Kitchen on this one!!!
Jan 24, 2012
Delicious! I used Cheddar Cheese soup because our market didn't have Nacho Cheese soup. I also used regular corn because I'm not very fond of peppers. I have a feeling it might be even better the next day!
Jan 23, 2012
Awesome! Great on tacos or tortilla chips..would be good in a crock pot and served on game day. Yum!
Jan 7, 2012
I thought this turned out well. I made for just the hubby and I so we had leftovers. It's very creamy and he thought maybe the Mexicorn overpowered it just a bit. I had to use Cheddar Cheese soup instead of Nacho Cheese which I think affected the flavor but it was still pretty good. We had it in hard taco shells, soft tortilla shells and made some nachos as well. It's very good over tortilla chips with some shredded Mexican-style cheese. We will make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.