Vegetarian Bean Tacos
I love Mexican food but was looking for a healthier option to share. My family devours these tasty tacos whenever I make them. —Amanda Petrucelli, Plymouth, Indiana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese, cubed avocado, sour cream and salsa
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeno; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in beans and tomatoes; heat through.
- Serve bean mixture in tortillas with toppings as desired.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 taco (calculated without optional toppings): 413 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 774mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 16g fiber), 17g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.