Bean & Pineapple Soft Tacos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 10 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Sliced avocado, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese and reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- Mash half of the beans; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Add the pineapple, salsa, chilies, mashed beans and remaining beans; heat through. Stir in cilantro.
- Place 1/2 cup filling on one side of each tortilla. Add toppings of your choice; fold in half. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 236 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 479mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 10, 2018
After reading so many great reviews, I was disappointed with these tacos. They were bland, and very watery - the liquid made such a mess of the tortillas! I should have used less salsa, and added taco seasoning.
Apr 21, 2015
This was good. I think I will add chicken next time.
Mar 27, 2015
I would make this again, but I would add chicken or steak.
Mar 10, 2015
We had to add taco seasoning to balance out the pineapple. What are unsweetened pineapple tidbits? Not our favorite, but interesting idea.
Oct 23, 2014
My family loves these tacos. We buy the Paso tortilla cups for these. It has replaced or regular taco recipe.
Sep 2, 2012
This recipe was very simple and easy to make. It was absolutely delicious and a great modification to a typical taco recipe. My roommates and I really enjoyed it! It is definitely a keeper!
Jul 7, 2012
My daughters and I loved this. A nice light summer dish!
Apr 1, 2012
When I made this for my husband, he immediately balked about it being meatless. Until he tried it. He loved it!
Jan 13, 2012
I was pleasantly surprised. I thought this was a pretty healthy recipe that tasted great. I think the chunks of pineapple is what really made this recipe taste great. I definitely will make again in the future.
Aug 13, 2011
We've had this multiple times since it is so tasty!