Grilled Pork and Poblano Peppers
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 4 large poblano peppers
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon aniseed, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
- Cut the top off each pepper and set tops aside. Remove seeds. Stuff peppers with cheese. Replace tops and secure with toothpicks; set aside.
- Combine the seasonings; rub over pork. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 18 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Place peppers over indirect heat; heat for 10 minutes or until browned.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 195 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Oct 18, 2011
Wonderful recipe full of flavor. The rub on the pork is delicious and the peppers and cheese are a great combination an an excellent addition to the grilled pork! We make this quite often!
Jul 9, 2010
The peppers were too hot for my taste, but the pork was really good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.